Friday, June 19, 2009

Cleaning...

... my room, and finding ancient sketches from a time where I still had fun drawing. Mounds of old, dusty drawings came out of the woodwork. Some good, most of them were bad, and some of them told me things that I'd forgotten I could do ("Hey, I used to be good with pencil! Whaddayaknow!" "Ooh, look, watercolour, haven't used that in ages!"). Either way, they all dated back to when I still used to draw for fun - with the most recent ones being from my first year at the Rits. And they sorta gave me a boost to get going again, and to try and rediscover what I found fun about drawing and painting in the first place. So I spent some time cleaning up an old, battered concept sketch from my first year in animation. Watercolours, coloured pencils, and most of all no skill whatsoever in lighting, perspective or colour selection. But I had some fun with it, and that's what counts. So, before and after:

No comments: